Glass teapot focuses sunlight, starts fire in Mariy El
A fire in a private house in the city of Volzhsk in Russia's Republic of Mariy El started because the sun's rays got focused through a glass teapot, the regional Ministry of Emergencies department website reports.
The fire started on the summer terrace: some books and magazines caught fire from the sun rays, then the fire burnt through the furniture and the floor.
A neighbor noticed the fire, called the firemen, and told the homeowners about it.
«The family of five had to leave the house through the garage, as the front entrance was cut off," the Ministry of Emergencies reported.
The fire was extinguished in 20 minutes. No one was burned, but the fire damaged the terrace, along with two cars and a scooter which were parked nearby.
|Previous post||Next post|
Login with Facebook to share content with your friends
25.10.12 13:41 By Gazeta.ru editorial
24.10.12 12:26 By Gazeta.ru editorial
23.10.12 12:37 By Gazeta.ru editorial